- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla extract, or a few pure vanilla seeds
- 1 tea bag, crushed
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°C and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Use a stand mixer to blend the butter in a large bowl. Then, on medium speed, beat together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Use a full tea bag and mix everything.
- On low speed and using a wooden spoon, add flour, baking soda and salt.
- After the dough is well mixed, put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Form the dough into cookie balls, then place them 1cm apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Dust the cookies with a few grains of granulated sugar to create a puffy crust.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on size. Cool for a few minutes before adding the frosting.
RELATED: 10 Tips for Baking the Best Cakes
How to prepare eggs
To prepare a delicious egg cream, take a large bowl and mix 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 3 tsp. tablespoon milk (or egg)
Using a spoon, pipe a generous amount of frosting on top of each cookie.
See the video steps here.
→ Registration Zest newsletter Get recipes, videos and expert advice.