The recipe for mayonnaise is simple, and yet sometimes we miss it. For professional mayo, follow Chef Philippe Etchebest’s recipe.
© Sebastian_Studio – @Envato
Used in dips, sauces, for your barbecue, egg mimosas or raw vegetables, mayo sauce will return, with the good old days, as one of the must-have sauces for your meals. And because “handmade” is always better (and more impressive) than industrial, we offer the recipe of chef Philippe Etchebest. Here are some of his secrets to succeed, every time, in this irreplaceable French cuisine.
Mayonnaise is very easy to make, but to make it a success every time, here is a top chef recipe.
Ingredients for this Mayonnaise recipe by Philip Etchebest
- 15 g Dijon mustard,
- 2 teaspoons of white alcohol vinegar,
- 2 fresh eggs
- 20 tbsp sunflower oil,
- Salt and pepper.
6 steps to the recipe Mayonnaise from Philippe Etchebest
- In a cul-de-sac or salad bowl, Pour vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mustard and mix With all kitchen whisks.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Save the protein (which you can use in a meringue recipe, for example). and Place the hearts in the preparation.
- Add the hearts to the preparation by mixing everything.
- Add a drop of oil to your preparation and mix gently. Add another drop of oil and mix gently. Repeat the operation regularly.
- When the preparation becomes consistent and you feel ready, Give it a vigorous kick to thicken your sauce.
Mayonnaise is ready. You can add some aromatic herbs (rosemary, thyme) according to your taste.