the author Delphine de Courcelles
See my news
Stinging, invasive, unattractive…nettles have a bad reputation. Must say she hides her assets well…
Corentin Sauvaget, nature animator, reveals for GILO the properties of this wild plant in the kitchen.
We offer a recipe to make in spring with nettle shoots, when they are tender and rich in vitamins.
- On each nettle plant, it is advisable to pick the top four leaves with gloves. Raw and cut, nettles cannot be stored, so they must be cooked immediately after harvesting.
- Mix eggs and sugar
- In another container, mix flour and baking powder
- Add the melted butter to the bowl with the eggs and sugar, then the flour and baking powder (and chocolate chips).
- Mix everything well before stirring the nettle
- Grease a baking sheet with butter or cover it with a silicone sheet or a baking sheet
- Make several small mounds of the mixture and place in the oven
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 180°C (thermostat 6). They should be removed as soon as the contours begin to turn brown.
And of course, after cooking, the nettle no longer sneers.
Enjoy your lunch!
With GILO, relax yourself in nature!
GILO, a meeting place for nature lovers, is a special four-page booklet published once a month, on the first Thursday of every month, in the newsprint editions. Republican 47 and Republican 33 (or in the digital edition here: https://cutt.ly/pKtqX7i).
Other articles, videos and photos can also be found on Facebook: @Gilonature and Instagram: @gilonature
Don’t hesitate to follow GILO Nature!
Receive a breath of fresh air of nature discoveries by email every week. Sign up here, it’s free!
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Le Républicain Sud-Gironde in the My News space. With one click, after registration, you will see all the news about your favorite cities and brands.