Potato recipe: what dishes should we prepare to eat well in autumn? When autumn comes, a baked potato recipe, a mashed potato recipe, a potato pancake recipe or just a few potato recipes are recommended, away from the old standards of sweet potato dishes. Especially for weeknights when time is of the essence, it’s always easier and faster to whip up a potato recipe for a delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with steak or pork.
A quick and easy potato recipe for your meat side dish
Let’s follow this simple but very tasty and creamy potato recipe. It takes very little time to prepare and a little more preparation time.
Recipe with potatoes
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces (2 pieces)
- Sweet potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces (2 more)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 pinches of salt
- ½ cup dates, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
Preparation 15 minutes and preparation 25 minutes (total 40 minutes):
- Place potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Season the potatoes and sweet potatoes with salt.
- Cook until just starting to brown (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the dates, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until dates are heated through and pumpkin seeds begin to brown (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve.
Baked potato recipe
To make a good baked potato, we offer this recipe for roasted potatoes with garlic. Preparation time is 10 minutes, and preparation time is 60 minutes. It’s a while before you try it, but the recipe is simple.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 90 g of small red or white potatoes
- 60 ml of good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 crushed cloves of garlic (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
Preparation (10 min) and preparation (60 min)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the potatoes in half or in quarters and place them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic; Stir until the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and spread them in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour or until golden and crispy. Turn twice with a spatula during cooking for even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parsley, season to taste and serve hot.
A recipe for mashed potatoes from Auvergne
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- pepper and salt
- 2 eggs
Preparation 20 minutes and preparation 30 minutes:
- Peel the potatoes and wash them.
- Grind it and place it in a salad bowl without washing it so that the starch does not wash away.
- Beat the eggs and add them.
- Pour fresh cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Then, spread the rap evenly in the pan like a pancake. Cover and cook over medium heat until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip to lightly brown the other side for a crispy top.
Serve with sugar and salad.
Potato pancakes recipe
This recipe only requires preparation. Preparation is fast!
- 7 potatoes
- 3 onions
- flour (3 tablespoons)
- 1 egg
Preparation 25 minutes and preparation 10 minutes:
- Peel potatoes and onions, wash them.
- Grind it finely.
- Add flour, egg, salt and pepper and mix.
- oil in a pan and heat until boiling.
- Add some grated cheese. Make a pancake.
- Brown the patties on one side, then flip the other side.
Serve hot with mushroom sauce.
Potato recipes and various facts
Potatoes are a staple and rightfully so. Affordable, easy to access, delicious, easy to prepare, versatile, nutritious and, according to some, good for your health.
did you know
Thanks to NASA, in 1995, potatoes became the first food to be successfully grown in space.
Potato blooms were once a fad – the French aristocracy popularized the potato craze when King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette adorned the dainty little white flowers. During this period, the flowers of the potato plant were considered so attractive that they were used as a persuasive means of selling the crop.