A perfect comforting meal, mushroom velouté is a must-have for the fall-winter season. But how to prepare this gourmet and creamy dish in two steps and three movements? So if you think it’s complicated, think again! Traditional soup style or a creamy version, it’s super easy and we have the proof. Don’t wait any longer and discover our 4 steamed soup recipes that will delight your taste buds.
Deavita recipes: Velouté with breaded mushrooms with Thermomix
How to make mushroom veloute without mistakes? So know that these recipes are very easy and quick and can be prepared in several different ways and with different mushrooms. Note that if you are picking them yourself, it is important to identify edible and non-edible mushrooms. Now focus on the ingredients needed to make a good creamy mushroom soup with a Thermomix:
- 500 g of cleaned porcini mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 30 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) cooking cream
- 3 cups of vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley
Chop the mushrooms in the thermomix robot for a few seconds at speed 7. Scrape the sides and transfer to a bowl. Then chop the leeks and garlic for 2 seconds on speed 7. Fry leeks and garlic with butter until vegetables are soft, 100°, 4 minutes, low speed. Add the mushrooms and fry again for 10 minutes at a speed below 100°.
Sprinkle mushroom flour. Fry for a minute.
Then pour the broth and continue cooking for 10 minutes at low speed. Then blend the soup until smooth, 15 – 30 seconds on speed 8. Finally, mix cream and parsley, salt and pepper.
Wild Mushroom Veloute: A flavorful herb soup that smells like fall!
- 50 g of dried wild mushrooms (and food!)
- 3 cups of hot water
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 220 g of fresh cremini mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
Stages of preparation:
- To make this easy mushroom soup, first soak dried wild mushrooms in 3 cups of very hot water for 30 minutes. Next, line the sieve with a damp paper towel. Put the mushrooms in it to drain and reserve one cup of liquid. Finally, finely chop the mushrooms.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 7-8 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook for a minute. Add the fresh mushrooms, increase the heat to medium and cook for a few more minutes. Add chopped wild mushrooms, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the dry sherry.
- Pour the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter into the pan and stir until melted. Add the flour and mix to make a dough. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the reserved cup of water and stir until the flour is well dissolved. Add broth and mix until smooth. Finally, mix Provencal herbs, dried thyme, bay leaves and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. When ready to serve, remove bay leaves and stir in 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
A recipe for mushroom veloute in a blender
- 1/4 cup butter
- 400 g cremini mushrooms
- 2/3 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Salt, pepper and reserve a cup of mushrooms. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to cook for a minute. Add onion, pour vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. After the soup is ready, grind it using a blender. Return the veloute to the saucepan and stir in the cream and reserved mushrooms. enjoy your meal!
Button mushroom veloute with Thermomix
Ingredients to get:
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved
- 100 g brown cap shimeji mushroom
- 100 g of water
- 270 g of skimmed milk
- 2 teaspoons of mushroom seasoning
- 20 g of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 65 g cooking cream
- fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
Put garlic and mushrooms in the thermomix robot bowl and chop for 10 seconds at speed 4. Then add water, milk, spices, flour and salt. Boil for 10 minutes at 100° speed 3. Add cream and parsley and boil for 2 minutes at 90° speed 2. Finally, mix for one minute on speed 4 or 6, gradually increasing. Eat hot!